Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Small Car Owners Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY

Go down 
+7
JDM_GTi
rhys
BobsN13
Mr Focus
claw
Shirezu
819FLY
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Empty
PostSubject: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:11 am

I would like to say hello to everyone here..... some of you know me and some may not.... but I'm Hano.

I did have a quick car before my recent acquisition but yeh as time goes on I'll find something new to play with.

My current ride is 08' LT Focus CL and I traded up from wait for it, an R32 Skyline GTR. It was a really weird thing, because I was selling the car as I am in the market of buying a new house and wanted to offload any liabilities I had and that meant the GTR had to go. Had it for sale at a reasonable price for its condition for a good 4 months.... zero interest... so I thought eh may as well trade it in and take what they offer me... the second the car was offloaded at the dealership for an appraisal ran into one of my mates and he offered to buy it, so I sold it to him for 10 Grand (as that was the trade in and conditions were take it as it is, needed a few things done to it)... the same afternoon I had over 20 people respond with "I could have bought it for that much" "blah blah blah". A week later I took delivery of my new car and broke it in with a trip to Adelaide and back straight out of the showroom. Now had the car about 8 months and clocked 15,000 on it so far and I have been resisting to touch it.

I intended on getting a set of 18's or 19's for it and lowering it and leaving it at that. So far haven't done either, and only really have removed the resonator off the airbox and modified the passenger fog light shroud ready for fresh air to flow into the pod filter when it is piped up. I got into a can of Night Shades a month or two after I got the car and did the tail lights but am on the hunt for some LED items when I decide to buy some.

I intend on running it at the drags and maybe net a 15.99 second quarter and leave it at that.

Here is a couple of pics of it at the moment but yeh nothing special but I enjoy small cars even though my car would be at the fatter side of the scale hahaha.

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY SNC00153Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY PC296381
Back to top Go down
Shirezu
Wielder of SpamHammer
Shirezu

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:14 am

Seems the Fords are starting to build up here. Welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum-domination.com/movie/Forum/
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:16 am

Cheers, yeah they aren't too bad a car besides having a bit of a boggy engine but a couple of tweaks would help it get breathing better.
Back to top Go down
claw
EB FALCON
claw

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:56 am

Bah, no longer do I have the toughest NA Duratech.. haha
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:56 am

well on during the week, as I am on holidays over easter break, I thought that I would get a bit more creative with the car. I tracked down some rubber hose that is 76mm in diameter and purchased a couple of hose clamps and some zip ties. I then proceeded to remove the fog light surround that I modified about a month ago and fed the hose in through the mounting spot for the fog light and ran it up to the base of the airbox. Fitted the hose to the airbox and secured it with a hose clamp, next measured the hose and cut it and zip tied the end into position at the fog light bracket. I then re-fitted the fog light surround and gave it a kick in the guts. Right away the engine ran smoother and quieter, under throttle there is no drone from the airbox anymore and there was previously a flat spot in throttle response but that has minimised aswell.

Only have done a little driving in the rain, but think it shouldn't a drama, CAI for 20 bucks yo! Plus from above the engine bay looks stock still....

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY SNC00246Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY SNC00247Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY SNC00248
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:02 am

nice DIY cai rockin there
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:05 am

Sneaky sneaky. Looks the goods mate. I'll have to have a good look tonight if this rain holds off.
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:28 am

Thats if I head out at all.... got gym every night so chances are I might not make it out hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:05 am

Gonna cut out the rest of the fog like thing covering the pipe? I've got a similar setup on my VN except I keep it capped for street duties and take it off for the track, otherwise it collects all sorts of crap and a tonne of bugs. It sucked up a nitrile glove from somewhere in my work carpark once haha, blocked more than half my air filter. Rain doesn't phase it but deep water= lunched motor so be careful.
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:16 am

Maybe a course filter in the pipe to stop large things being sucked up?

I know of some people who have put 4-5 layers of stockings around the inlet to stop bugs and debris. Could help if you dont mind having stockings on your car. lol.
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:07 pm

Well just had another addition to the stable. After some long thinking I thought its best to leave the focus alone and now play with it anymore and get myself another toy. Well fortunately I was in the hunt for a cheap car to start my project and I came across an opportunity that I couldn't go past. One of the members on here was selling their car an EG Civic for a handsome sum and I snapped it up and am planning to hit the track with it hopefully by the start of next season. I have a bit of work cut out for me but its what I do day in and day out so it shouldn't be too hard.... hahahaha.

Took delivery of the car this afternoon and got stuck into it straight away. Deciding because the engine does run but is pretty noisy i'd reverse it into the garage and get stuck into it. Inside the car when its running has made me aware that there is most likely bearing failure in the engine so on the hunt for another engine to throw in and ill strip this existing one down and see if its salvageable.

Yes a a B18c is on the cards but figured I'd get the suspension and braking sorted before hitting more power into it, plus I want to see how far I can push the old D15B4 SOHC Non-yo engine on the track.

After an hour of possession I have come to find that the left rear window doesn't go down, the other three do (power windows and mirrors score) bonnet is a bit nuffed, and so far half the engine is missing (well not quite actually my doing hahaha), i've ripped off the rocker cover and timing gear cover, taken off the distributer and undone the exhaust manifold (would have to be the easiest I have ever undone... thanks honda Smile )

Tomorrow I plan on getting the front part of the exhaust off and start on the inlet manifold and then hopefully by the weekend have the head off and start doing some checking....

Wish me luck amigo's...

Some pics of it so far.... gotta start somewhere I guess...

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY SNC00275Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY SNC00280Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY SNC00283
Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY SNC00286Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY SNC00281Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY SNC00287
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:42 pm

hano.........

you truly are a closet gay.

Nah, should be fun to watch grow....... even though i could literally go and rock your roof with 5 minutes of walking.
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:45 pm

its ok, ill just walk to your house and burn it to the ground Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:48 pm

its made of concrete buddy! just you try it

*goes n checks*
Back to top Go down
rhys
Townsville Admin

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:59 pm

itll be good to see it drivin again keep us up to date
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:30 am

dam you!!! hahahahaha

nah good stuff mate. Will be awesome to someone else doing up a Hoonda. They're tough cars when the right gear is put into them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:41 am

rb26 conversion hano.................... you wont.............................scared.
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:01 am

would be interesting to see that happen. You need to do some extreme firewall cutting to fit it. i reckon a GTi-R conversion Wink

or you could go the 4g63t awd conversion. It was done to an eg hatch in sydney a few years back
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:26 pm

Yesterday got a bit more done, managed to get the exhaust system running up to the CAT off, took off the timing belt and also the fuel pump. Ran out of tools to continue pulling the intake manifold off, so hopefully this arvo before hittin the gym I can get another hour into it and possibly get the inlet off.... then she is ready to lift off the block.... yay!!!
Back to top Go down
claw
EB FALCON
claw

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:16 am

Put a 4agte in it!
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:16 am

Nah for the time being, ill prob stick with the d15b4 until I get some bulk coin (from somewhere) and then crack into the development of the car. If anyone know someone selling one of these engines that is running well or which wreckers are likely to have one give me bell, any help is appreciated.

P.S - With ANZAC DAY (Lest We Forget) nothing will be done on saturday and sunday will be working on the bravo restoring it back to original height (WTF? you ask... ) yeah so Skivic won't progress much and then next weeK I head bush for a week and a half....
Back to top Go down
JDM_GTi
INTEGRA TYPE R
JDM_GTi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:23 am

I respect that you wanna retain the factory engine aaron but it looks like you have some determination with this project so using a more powerfull donk from the begining would be better in the long run. Maybe instead of going a b18c you can compromise and use a b16a which will be good. Whats is your goal with this car? like how far will you go. Relocating battery? Roll cage? Seam welds? data loggers ect...
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:44 am

I guess the biggest problem come across with making track cars is some people going straight to a more powerful engine/driveline combination and they tend to neglect everything else. I guess my intentions with this project are to make the car go reasonably quick (im not certain how fast it can go) but I was first off going to get the car mobile again, and then work on the suspension and braking side of things first to develop not only the cars handling characteristics but also to give me some more experience with racing.

Ill be the first to admit that I am not a great driver but I do have decent vehicle control and in a racing environment it tests your reactions and skills to the limit. I have done drag racing for a while but never track work. Motorkhana in the GTR was good fun but it isn't quite as exciting as hooking around the track.

I guess my attitude to this build-up won't be that of how deep I can make myself in debt, or how fast I can make the car that I cannot utilise what it has to offer. It will be a training tool to develop upon my passion for racing and im happy to run with a 90hp engine for the time being until the point I have things sorted out where I deem it appropriate to upgrade the engine to something likes of a B18c or B16 series engines.

Trust me the urge is there to do that conversion but I wanna improve the car as a whole and not have a powerful engine with a useless chassis/suspension and look like a fool getting slower time then some of the seasoned drivers.

Prob likely pathway is get the car mobile, do some base testing, Hill Climbs, Bitumen Sprints, Drags and Motorkhana and from there work on developing different areas of the car to suit my expectations and enhance my experience and skills.

It will take a while I know and alot of work, but I'd rather take this approach then get 20G worth of parts and throw brand name everything into the car and not fully appreciate what racing cars is all about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:52 am

Hano, the thing you have to counter in is when you throw in a new motor (b18/16 etc) it can alter the characteristics of the car. Getting the suspension for it with a stock motor will be great with the Dxxx motor but it may also become puppy when/if you swap engines.

i agree with working on everything equally, there is no easier way to make a good all rounder then doing suspension/brakes/chassis rigity etc.
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:04 am

Yeh but my point is that seems alot of people think an engine is what makes the car go fast around the track. Obviously big power helps but driving a boat won't cut fast times. But changing an engine that is of similar weight and more power will mean you restart with the tuning of the vehicle, but having all the necessary hardware there already half-tuned will make the job easier then throwing it in after doing the engine swap.

Once again this plagues people brains with their different opinions about what can and can't be done, who should do this that way, and why would you do it that way for.... that attitude was left at GAG-SS because no one could be an individual and do things their own unique way.

Just to clarify anything. Yes a powerful engine would be great, but at this point it is one of the last things to do on my list of priorities with this car.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next