Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Small Car Owners Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY

Go down 
+7
JDM_GTi
rhys
BobsN13
Mr Focus
claw
Shirezu
819FLY
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:10 am

So true man!
Back to top Go down
JDM_GTi
INTEGRA TYPE R
JDM_GTi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:40 am

Well since you put it that way, i think you should assess the damage and replace the cooked mains/big ends or what ever it is and then put it back together. That should last long enough untill you get the bug for more power. And in reguards to what chris said about suspension setups, try get the majority of it with adjustable settings. Adj coilovers, adj castor rods, adj swaybars... you get the point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:06 pm

indeed Hano, now wheres that pic of mine with the MX5 leaving 5 vipers on the circuit....
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:22 pm

819FLY wrote:
Yeh but my point is that seems alot of people think an engine is what makes the car go fast around the track.

sorry for the subject change....thats kind of on topic (in regards to this part of the thread). One of the quickest cars around the Go-Kart track is a little blue mighty boy. It doesn't have any special engine, just the one the Suzuki gods gave it (with a little bit of work done). Its 2 seconds behind the fastest car out there....which is an evo (8 or 9 im not sure)

This car proves you dont need a big powerful engine to keep up with the 'big players'

Last edited by Mr Focus on Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Yeah exactly Mick...

And speaking of that Mighty Boy, here is a snap from my portfolio... its got a wheel up believe it or not.... I like this pic....

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 P7262182
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:00 pm

hahaha yeah, thats the one! The funny part is, the driver's only 16!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:19 pm

819FLY wrote:
Yeh but my point is that seems alot of people think an engine is what makes the car go fast around the track.
Smile

And VN commodores can't handle either...
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:22 am

Been a little while since I put something up on here, mainly due to absence being out bush playing Muhamed. Not much progress on the engine, been working on the Bravo getting that RWC Compliant again and then when that is out ill proceed on getting the engine out.

Found an EFI engine for a few hundred bucks at the wreckers, gotta line up an EFI Tank (easier changing the whole tank rather than just the pump) and also some solid lines running to the engine bay given the higher delivery pressure of the fuel in EFI systems. This then will path the way for throwing in a B or H series engine when the time comes.

But first gotta get that engine out and start stripping the engine bay down of unnecessary baddies and make it look a bit more like a race car. At the moment it just looks a mess hahaha.

Peace out Ape Town!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:04 am

Does the stock tank have an in tank pump? If so I'd just go a surge tank and external pump.
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:24 am

Well after a little while of not playing with the car, Im almost at the point of pulling the engine out. This morning I played on it for another half hour, pulled out the Air-Con System, Took off the power steering pump, the radiator, disconnected the wiring harness, the carbon canister and a few other little bits and pieces.

There are only a couple clips left, pull out the shafts from the box and undo the mounts and then she will lift out...... then the fun part of stripping down the engine bay and getting creative with wiring and hiding lines etc and making it a bit more bare...... plus also a good clean.... Smile
Back to top Go down
benjames
HOLDEN CAMIRA
benjames

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:41 am

Whoa... Your a braver man than me Surprised
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:02 am

nothing better than a tucked engine bay. I considered it with the swift, but you can barely see in it anyways. Be sure to throw some pics up in the build section
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 8:56 am

well today to make the afternoon go that little bit quicker got stuck into the civic once again. I have minimal tools at home, so basically had 12mm socket and handle, couple screw drivers and hammer and pair of vice grips.

Everything on the engine is disconnected now, took off the selector shaft, brace for the shifter, tie rod ends (when pulling the shafts out need my socket from work to undo the hub nuts), couple of hoses that I missed and got the car sitting on stands now ready to get the crane in and pull the engine out.

When I was underneath I found something interesting.... wedged between the crank pulley and the belt for the alternator was a bolt, then belt was worn and damaged, and it was stuck there tight.... was slightly amusing... also opened the boot and found its stripped already so just have to clean it up and get stuck into stripping the interior, removing seats and then give it a clean.

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 SNC00358
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:58 am

This morning, took of the front hub assemblies and pulled the shafts out... next just engine crane then fun with cleaning and shiznit!
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 6:04 am

Still waiting on crane, plus my trip to Isa after next weekend will hold me back, got up early today and pulled out a few extra bits, front bumper, inner guards, washer bottle, airbox, last bits of the air con, headlights and indicators and also splash guards from underneath.

Given my time restraints for the upcoming 2 months I won't get much done on the car and also most likely moving house soon pending my employment situation. I might begin on sorting through the superfluous crap that plagued the engine bay before hand and throw out what I don't need and commence stripping the interior down....

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 SNC00395
Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 SNC00394
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:42 am

Well seemings that we are moving house in a months time, I decided to get the civic movable again so it can be loaded onto the flatbed... so just threw the hubs back together and wacked the wheels on so it can be steered and moved, its stuck in gear but it moves pretty easily anyway being it ways around a ton.... im liking how low it sits, still not low enough so gotta chase up some suspension some point down the track....

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 P6197443
Back to top Go down
JDM_GTi
INTEGRA TYPE R
JDM_GTi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:35 am

You want a hand aaron? Im handy with 4cyl's.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:25 am

You get ahold of that b18 yet?
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:32 am

not at the moment, work has been busy for the first half of the year, next 2 months I won't be home much and moving house and changing jobs there isn't much time devoted to the civic, once I sort out all this stuff, then i can go a bit further with it....annoying but it has to take a back seat for a bit
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:56 am

Civic is all packed, get the keys to the new house today and yeh can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 3:10 am

mmmm...VTAK power FTMFEW! Good luck with it mate. I hope to see it finished when i come back up at some stage (hopefully around xmas this year)
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:42 am

Yeah fingers crossed I get to stay up here with the new job, but they may need me to go down to Amberley so yeah just waiting for that decision I guess. Next step is to source a replacement engine and get hands dirty once again....
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:46 am

Well it's out now.

Big Prop's to Rhys (Red Dog) for supplying the crane, got it home and then about 25 minutes later the engine was out, was rocking and rolling the whole engine trying to get past the side rail mounts and then it was all good.

Time to get some degreaser and rubbing happening and sort out the left overs of what was the street legal civic......

Smile

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 P8017832
Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 P8017833
Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 P8017835
Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 P8017834
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:28 am

Seems to be coming along nicely.
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm
rhys
Townsville Admin

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:39 am

sweet its great to see it getting a new life
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY   Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a quick intro about myself and 819FLY
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next