Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Small Car Owners Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mazdabater just joined

Go down 
+12
SPLexcel
bod93
Winnie256
bruce-ti
888ASS
JDM_GTi
819FLY
rhys
BobsN13
Mr Focus
benjames
Mazdabater
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:08 pm

Seems fair enough mate, not everyday you get someone offering to freight your car down free of charge. However it is interesting how he apparently has no ownership of the business or gets wages from it..... oh well.
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:02 am

woah, what a read and a half!! Apart from that one twat, its good to see most people on there are trying to help you figure out the issue rather than flame you

Good luck with it and let us know what happens
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 8:05 am

Yeah well I'm waiting on dysons to clarify a few things. And mick 2 of those guys have been working on the car with me. Ash and i tried a few things today, took the muffler off the back and took it for a spin. Maybe gained 10hp or so nothing massive. So came back disconnected my BOV and hooked my boost gauge up to it. Im getting a pressure drop of around 7psi through the cooler. So i ordered a new cooler and am going to make all new piping out of 3" stainless this weekend.
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:02 pm

3" piping is pretty big for cooler piping I thinks. 2.5" max is what most people recommend. Could also be a silicone hose with a tiny split or hole in it. Never know.

Good luck with it though. Hope it works out well for ya.
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:09 am

Cooler piping size all depends on the desired air flow Bob, 2 will work to a certain flowrate/power and so on and so forth. 3 inch isn't too big I'd say for the kind of power Chris is aiming for. I've got mates with 3.5inch inlet and 4 inch outlet cooler piping on skylines making big big power.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:40 am

Yeah dysons reccomended 3". My cars really giving me a headache, having a hard time working out whats wrong with it. Hopefully something happens when i get this new cooler in. If not its getting a compression test which im sure will say fine then heading back to dysons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:51 am

You mention the motor is an extend port, built strong with only 20000km on it, how sure are you of this? Where did you get the motor from? Did you get it built yourself?
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:30 pm

I would not be being so specific if i didnt know. I have a reciept for the engine being built by them in my name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:40 am

Aaahh so you did get it built yourself. Good stuff I was just hoping you didn't buy a motor under the proviso it was recently built and get stung like so many others. I was told my old motor was a 4 bolt mains group A block and it was just a dirty old 308 block lol.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:19 am

Well i did get stung when i got the car, it had a "rebuilt" engine in it. Blew up a month after I got it. My new intercooler just got here, seems pretty decent. Now i just gotta start making some brackets up at work on monday to fit it, and get some cash to buy the pipes.
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:00 pm

Got any updates on this Chris??
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Yeah im just in the process of making up the intercooler piping. New cooler is dearer to install then one would think so far ive spent

Cooler - $240 shipped
Stainless pipe - $250
2.5" - 3" silicone elbow - $75
Throttle body adaptor - $175

Ive made up the hot side of the pipes, just waiting on the throttle body adaptor to arrive so i can make up the cold side, should be fairly straight foward. Had to cut alot of puppy out of the front of the car to get this all in lol. I still gotta work out where im relocating the aircon filter too. Then i gotta wait for pay day to buy the rest of the silicone couplers and all the clamps for it. I'm just taking my time with it lol kinda over the car at the moment a little
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:28 pm

Dont even worry about the Aircon. I took it out of mine to fit a bigger cooler. Who needs it anyway the power sapping puppy that it is. lol.
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 7:58 am

Haha i dont use it at the moment, but I like the idea of keeping it so im gonna try.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:12 am

Ah god damn, got my new 3" throttle body snout today, got a straight one so it would look neater i gotta cut the oil filler neck down. But now i gotta relocated my trailing coils lol.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:04 am

So i figure I'd update this with what I have done.....

Intercooler (600 X 300 X 76) Is now installed
3" piping from turbo to throttle body snout is in
Engine has been compression tested, just over 90 in both rotors
Coil packs have been changed
Have tested with air filter off
Timing has been checked
It's also now a 2 seater.

And it still doesnt make any more power =(
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:45 am

In my quest for horsepower this is what it has come down too. Will hopefully start tearing it down this week. Am also doing some mods whilst I'm at it. Buying a sheet of 6061 tomorrow as the stuff from work doesn't weld real nice so I can make a radiator overflow tank, windscreen washer tank and hopefull a tank for the water injection I want to be running in the near future. Am also going to rewire the ECU so all the dodgy crap wiring that plugged into the std stuff thats long gone. Gonna paint some of the other bits black too like the timing cover, power steering pump and ac mount bracket. Also making a carbon fan shroud up for it. Gonna be a busy month or so.

Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 100
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:33 am

Woah...sounds like you're on a mission bro. Can't wait to see this unfold
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:40 am

Yeah, just working out funds. I have to buy a new ac condensor and I wanna look at a PWR oil cooler as they do a bolt in replacement. Just trying to work out all the hidden costs, I wanna replace all the radiator/heater lines and such as I dont want a stupid hose being what kills my engine haha.

Anyone know how much it is to get an exhaust manifold HPC coated?
Back to top Go down
robbo_rb180
WALKING
robbo_rb180

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 am

Craved Coatings

Email or Phone Chris Thomson.

Email: info@cravedcoatings.com

Phone: 0247 211 254

Mobile: 0404 760 314

Address:

Unit 71, 37-47 Borec Rd

Penrith NSW 2750

Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Wooo, engine was pretty buggered. couple of cracked seals, corner seal springs were dead flat so this thing would have had next to no compression under load, as a result of the overheating with that stupid radiator incident I only had half an oil control ring instead of 2. So basically the problem is found, this thing is gonna haul when its back on the road. Finally
Back to top Go down
Privatealpha
Mitsi EVO IX
Privatealpha

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:37 pm

Always great to solve problems.
Also...

...shotgun
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:54 am

Haha had a win today! Won some RDA slotted front rotors for my car for $130!!!! Good old ebay.

Anyone one here running a microtech and wanna buy a hand controller for 100, looking at upgrading to the dash unit.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:54 pm

Stole my post off rotary car club, cause i really cbf typing out the list again. I'll update as I do it.

So to update my build so far.

Engine came apart. Got ripped off by the original engine builder (Dyson Rotary) but at least there was stuff wrong. The tuner I was paying Ben left work at the workshop I was going too, but is doing this stuff out of work for cash which helps me out alot as he is about the only guy in town that knows enough about them. Things wrong include

• All corner seals springs completely flattened
  • 2 corner seal springs in half
  • 1 side seal 2mm too short, had been wearing on the apex seals
  • Oil control rings were dead, only half of one was found
  • Corner seal o ring things were all missing
  • Crack in the housing - repairable
  • Extend port was barely a port job at all

So this explains why I was only getting 300whp. The car made 90psi on both rotors before pulled apart, but must have been loosing all/most of its compression under load. Ben (engine builder) is getting me a quote on parts for this as he can get them cheaper then I can then thats going to get ordered/built as soon as my tax cheque clears.

Now I'm going to put my list of stuff I need to do to the car while the engine is out/before I get it back on the road on here as I just wrote it down on a bit of cardboard that will probably get lost. Ignore the prices just putting down what it's gonna cost me for my reference and its all in $au anyway.

Parts to buy

• Front slotted rotors (ebay $155 paid)
  • 2 front wheel studs and nuts (repco)
  • Engine mounts (see ben possible poly ones)
  • Bosch coils and microtech X4 igniter box ($300 ausrotary)
  • Oil cooler ($462 PWR)
  • Air temp sensor (mazda)
  • ECU loom (microtech)
  • Microtech DASH unit ($500 microtech)
  • A/C Condenser (Troy $200ish)
  • S6 Alternater (Troy $200ish) may wait till after rebuild
  • Engine pulleys (purely cosmetic needs alt first)
  • Silicone rad hoses (Ebay)
  • Oil cooler lines (Pirtek, need cooler first)

Parts to make!

• Underbody tray
  • Windscreen washer bottle
  • Rad overflow bottle (sheet of 5051 for these 3 $160 Capral)
  • Turbo heat shield (titanium free from work)
  • Rad fan shroud (composite, free from work. Unless I put a carbon layer over the top which I probably will that will be $70 for the metre)
  • New LIM blank off plates (free work, orignal ones done by mechanic were horrid) <---- Done
  • Exhaust side heat shielding (Probably be 301 stainless from work, titanium if there is enough for me to take without the boss knowing. Going to box off all the exhaust manifold, dump pipe and wastegate up to try and keep engine bay heat down)
  • Coil mount brackets (need coils first, will be 7075 t6 from work)

Parts to modify

• Engine bay wiring (messy as needs to be tidied up)
  • Brake lines (got bent out of the way during respray, never got reinstalled correctly)
  • I/C Piping (need to oxy it and ovalise it between the power steering pump and strut tower)
  • Muffler tip leaking around tip (give to darrell to weld)
  • Seat mount bracket busted (give to darrell to weld)

Parts to paint

Parts are painted in gloss black 2 pac polyurethane paint, as it's free i just surface prep it and give it to the painters at work. I don't like polishing stuff so I just paint it all black, was going to go matt, but gloss is easier to clean just degrease and hose off.

• UIM <---- Done!
  • Power steering pump and A/C compressor mounting bracket <---- Done!
  • Waterpump <---- Done!
  • Front cover (Need back from ben after OMP part welded)
  • Throttle body
  • Throttle body snout

And that's about it for now. I'll put some pics up of the progress if I get round too it. I got alot to do in the next month or so. I'll just update this list as I get it done.
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:08 pm

now thats an xmas wish list if i ever seen one hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mazdabater just joined
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next