Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Small Car Owners Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mazdabater just joined

Go down 
+12
SPLexcel
bod93
Winnie256
bruce-ti
888ASS
JDM_GTi
819FLY
rhys
BobsN13
Mr Focus
benjames
Mazdabater
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
bruce-ti
Subaru WRX
bruce-ti

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Mate, I thought Townsville track was shocking (only one i have been on though). I had absolutely no grip at all compared to the street. I have only done it once though and have a bit of learning to do..........

I remember that video Bob. And by the way Bob won.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:33 pm

Yeah the time i went i thought i had more then the street, it is basically a road with melted rubber at the start. I did drive around the puddle of water at the start though
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Problem some people have with the track is their tyres and their warm-up process. They either do one or a combination of things A - don't warm up their tyres (drive past the warm up pad as stated above), B - do a 1st gear warm up which won't get enough heat in the tyres C - have too hard a compound tyre (not decent grip on the surface), d - have a really awful launch (high revs, clutch dump).

Ive seen cars with a 1000hp go down that track and still have traction off the line all the way down, a lot of people blame the track when it is in fact their own driving or their car that's the cause.

A car putting out 200hp shouldn't be wheel spinning down the track multiple gears, I used to do it in the GTR, even at the top end flat shifting into 4th when in RWD mode it would chirp at 100+mph for a high 15 second pass...

there is a strategy to drag racing that people seem to overlook, once you get that sorted out you can drop your times even as much as a second faster with out touching the car at all.

Smile
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:49 pm

They might of had some race compound left on the track last time you went down. Well see I suppose.
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm
bruce-ti
Subaru WRX
bruce-ti

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:05 pm

Sorry to spam..............i completely agree with the above.

A..i dodged the skid pan (too expensive to replace tyres)
B.. Definately tooooooooo hard a compound ( could not find a rim to clear the calipers in time to go to a smaller profile)

Time (experience) will improve time. But when she spins with boost kicking in that was telling me it was slippery.

But compared to Townsville roads...........mainly where i might have a bit of fun, it was still slippery ( i never try to spin). But i have only been there once and that was after the wet season. It would of been comparable to some newly layed black ice.

14.3 ............best time of 12 runs of the night ( i am a slow learner) at 108 mph
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:32 am

Well my car was going to get tuned today, but a persistant fuel leak came back so its looking like getting tuned tomorrow or friday i need a new exhaust gasket as well so depends when they get ahold of one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:35 am

Bloody rotors, figures lol
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:49 am

Well pretty lucky I was suss that fuel leak would come back, hence i now have a fire blanket and a fire extinguisher in my car. I only noticed it because there was oil on my wastegate, the fuel leak was spraying onto the exhaust and evaporating leaving the oil behind as i run 2 stroke in my car, frogger lucky it didnt catch fire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:56 am

The reason it seems slipperier than a normal road is your road tyres grip well on dry bitumin but the drag track start line is coated with rubber (mostly soft compound slick rubber). Your street tyres tend to just cut through this layer of rubber especially if they aren't warmed riiiiiiiiiight up.

The problem is also people doing moving burnouts on street rubber which cuts through the nice sticky soft compounds slick rubber and makes it worse for everyone.

Hence when on street rubber you're supposed to only do static burnouts on the concrete burnout box and not roll forward. This means for most of you lots of handbrake and starting from second and trying to stay in the concrete area as long as possible.

The difference nice warm sticky soft compound tyres makes on the track is astounding. My V8 went from all out wheelspin on streeters, to bogging down so much on drag radials I struggled to get a decent launch out of my heavy clutch and then ultimately destroying 3rd gear in my 5 speed box at half track Very Happy

If most of you share the same stud pattern I suggest splitting the cost on a set of steelies and Mickey Thompson drag radials from currajong tyres and sharing them, should cost around $500 for two.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:59 am

Yeah, i don't know if ill ever run it with slicks, that's a whole lot of load on the drivetrain. I'd almost prefer some slip just to ease up on it.
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:59 am

Bloody oath. I just love cars. Dont you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Mazdabater wrote:
Well pretty lucky I was suss that fuel leak would come back, hence i now have a fire blanket and a fire extinguisher in my car. I only noticed it because there was oil on my wastegate, the fuel leak was spraying onto the exhaust and evaporating leaving the oil behind as i run 2 stroke in my car, frogger lucky it didnt catch fire

why the hell do you run two stroke in your car?! or is it a rotor thing? confused
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Rotor thing. Lol they normally use an OMP to inject engine oil in with the fuel, but i removed mine and blanked it off now i just premix my fuel instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:14 pm

I'm guessing that's sooooooooo not legal hahaha Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Well it should be, I mean normal engine oil isn't designed to burn and premix is....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:27 pm

Does your normal engine configuration actually spray oil into the combustion chamber? If not then running two stroke would send more oil out the exhaust, if it does then yeah I guess you're right it should be legal (but probably still isn't haha).
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Yes it does spray oil into the combustion chamber, all rotors do. And my car wouldn't pass an emissions test anyway, you need emissions gear on your car for that, i have a cat and charcol canister but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Hope they get the problems sorted for ya mate and you get her out on the strip on saturday.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Yeah, well the retard called me at 4, and said that they can tune it with the exhaust leak but it's not reccomended as I'm probably loosing some boost. Why the frogger didn't he call me at like lunch time, then i could have said yes order one and it would have arrived tomorrow instead of on friday -.- anyway if it don't make it, FULL STOCK STANDARD CIVIC FURY this weekend rofl
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Brining out the big guns eh. lol.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:58 pm

Yeah man, Im gonna google what 1/4 mile time its supposed to run stock
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:01 pm

0 - 30 (sec): 3.5
0 - 45 (sec): 6.2
0 - 60 (sec): 9.6
0 - 75 (sec): 14.6
1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 17.1 @ 81.7

Rofl.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:18 am

god dammit my turbo manifold has a crack in it already kinda wishing i'd spent the money on better quality puppy. Hopefully I can repair it tonight and still get it tuned tomorrow
Back to top Go down
JDM_GTi
INTEGRA TYPE R
JDM_GTi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:42 am

Isnt it new? or was that just your turbo and gate?
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:16 am

Yeah it was brand new I thought it might have cracked around one of the welds from the weight of the turbo but it turns out it was just thin walled stainless puppy. I just called dysons and let them know it was frogger useless puppy and they are gonna make me up a manifold outta steampipe so the car will be off the road for at least a week so guess I'm driving the civic this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mazdabater just joined
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next