Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Small Car Owners Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot

Go down 
+3
bod93
Mazdabater
Mr Focus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2009-03-08

08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Empty
PostSubject: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:53 am

After spending the day at the V8's i decided BBOY needed a drive and a photoshoot (plus i needed to continue my perve Smile ). It was a decent shoot, although the turn out was fairly dismal. I was the only Micro in attendance, but Rhys and Jess made a showing. Here's a pic that was taken by Rod (aka iceman on QSS). Unfortunately i dont have any other pics Sad

08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot 25ae8eb310
08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot 13be4eba3c
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:02 pm

Lyndell read about this on QSS... I LOLd! Sorry but this is THE dumbest thing I have heard... firstly, they did it on V8 weekend = more cops & harsher penalties. Secondly, we live in Townsville: "hoon capital of Australia". Add these 2 factors together and I think you have a large mug of fail... Yeah, so they had a "permit" or whatever, but if it was Brissy cops out there doing everyone over, they wouldn't have given a crap! Also, in a rare occurance, I actually take the side of the cops for trying to shut this event down... that is all...
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:04 pm

Yeah i was planning on attending this event, but turned out far to intoxicated to drive. To be honest, the shots focus on the girls more than the cars which is alright but was supposed to be a car shoot, also if i had gone no way in hell were these girls leaning or sitting on my car lol
Back to top Go down
bod93
EB FALCON
bod93

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:25 pm

the 1 in the red is my cousin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:44 pm

I have to disagree with you there Nate. I do agree that it was the worst weekend ever to do such a thing. I'm surprised they got any cars at all

As for anything else about it, it was a photoshoot...no actual driving was done. It was no different to us taking over Night Owl on a Thursday night or parking up in a group as we do.

In regards to the cops shutting it down, they were given no reason to. No illegal activities were performed at all

hahaha sweet as Todd, she loved my car Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bod93
EB FALCON
bod93

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:50 pm

did u take her inside???????????? Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:59 pm

hahahaha nah i didn't. All the shots were done and she called the photographer over and asked if she could get some with the cutest car she'd ever seen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:43 am

I think it is a shame, considering you supply your car free of charge and have photo's taken of them, and only get one photo back in return. No doubt these were taken with a digital device so simply transfer the photo's you wanted to keep, sign the forms they supplied, referencing copyright and all that other garbage and everyone should be happy.

It little wonder they didn't get a good turnout, I know several people that can take decent photo's with a SLR (isn't that hard actually) and simply do it for the fun and expect nothing in return except a bit of public knowledge.

I am not sure what people think sometimes.....
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:49 am

The guy that took the pics (Peachey) flew up from Brisbane to do it. They had a few photgraphers there taking shots from all different angles. I've asked if i can get the pics with my car for 'personal use'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:45 am

if you want the pics from Peachey i can get them - he was staying at my joint while he was up here....
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:14 am

Oh what! Yeah man, i'd love the pics of the swift. Can you get him to email them to my hotmail addy please
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:43 am

ill talk to him when hes on msn next and get him to email them to me.... then ill put them onto you Smile
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:25 pm

I was gonna be there too but it was cutting it too fine with the parents coming in at 5:45.
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:41 pm

You didn't miss too much hey. It was a dam good chance for exposure though Wink Now even more people know about us and more will know about us
Back to top Go down
benjames
HOLDEN CAMIRA
benjames

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:44 pm

Mr Focus wrote:
You didn't miss too much hey. It was a dam good chance for exposure though Wink Now even more people know about us and more will know about us

Soon... we will rule da world
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:28 am

spoke to Chris last night in regards to your pictures, he said 3-4days until hes done editing so ill get them after that for you Mick Smile
Back to top Go down
bod93
EB FALCON
bod93

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:21 am

hows wendel?????
Back to top Go down
benjames
HOLDEN CAMIRA
benjames

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:52 am

still hasn't had his eyeball repaired.... Gonna put a cd player and an amp into the box, plus some dodge speakers and a battery hooked up to a battery charger so I can have the most ghettoest ghetto jukebox on teh planetz!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:56 am

Loving the ghetto idea.
Back to top Go down
bruce-ti
Subaru WRX
bruce-ti

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:03 am

Battery charger will not drive it. Better off with an inverter. Sorry, my two cents.

Make the cd player his mouth and amp top of his head so you can stand him up.
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:37 am

bruce-ti wrote:
Battery charger will not drive it. Better off with an inverter. Sorry, my two cents.

the man speaks the truth. If you want a decent one at a good price come and see me today or tomorrow or you can see Troy (evo201) next week
Back to top Go down
benjames
HOLDEN CAMIRA
benjames

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:56 am

Schweet!!! I'll get the other things sorted, then I'll see how much I'm up for to get an inverter to match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot   08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

08BOY at the Novelty Imports shoot
Page 1 of 1