Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Small Car Owners Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

good workshops

Go down 
+4
Privatealpha
Mazdabater
BobsN13
gtir20
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gtir20
WALKING

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-19

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 1:24 pm

anyone know of any?
Back to top Go down

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 1:25 pm

In Townsville?

:p Ill keep MOST of my opinions to myself.... But Aitkenvale has good customer service and TMS seems to be pretty decent aswell...

I'll keep all my "bad" remarks to myself...
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Depends on the work you need done. Be aware though that all mechanics are bloody expensive here in Townsville. I am still yet to find one that does good work, doesn't charge through the roof and gets the job done in a reasonable amount of time.

I will keep me gripes to myself but I dont like TMS at all. Aitkinvale quoted me 5000 to get my car roadworthy and that was without a gearbox change.
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2009-06-07

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:03 pm

Yeah Aitkenvale is pretty pricey but overall I've been happy with the work. Not to many other shops in town i'd go too
Back to top Go down
Privatealpha
Mitsi EVO IX
Privatealpha

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2009-03-10

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:36 pm

I paid $1500 for all belts done, and 2 shocks replaces, and a few other niggly things. Very pricey...
Back to top Go down
gtir20
WALKING

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-19

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:50 am

sounds like your better off doing the job yourself!

i'm jus chasing a service and renew the roady.
Back to top Go down
Winnie256
Subaru WRX
Winnie256

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-07-02

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:16 am

gtir20 wrote:
sounds like your better off doing the job yourself!

i'm jus chasing a service and renew the roady.

do it yourself hahaha
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-04-03

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:02 am

Roady is about 60 bucks.

Log book Servicing, go through Ultra Tune or someone like that. Normal Servicing, just filter and oil change, there are folks that can do it for a carton or whatever.

I don't mind doing little jobs here and there, I don't make a living out of doing odd jobs, just like to help folks out when they don't have to spend big money to get the job done.

There are horror stories going around with some shops, but you just need to learn about the people its coming from their attitude, the way they drive their cars and you will quickly sort out who is legitimate and who is crying wolf for destroying their own car. There are plenty of people out there. I had a R32 GTR with a safe tune, stock turbo's (ceramic turbine) made about 300kw at the engine and it ran fine for the 3 years I had it, besides little fatiguing points there was nothing wrong with it (revved it out plenty of times with no probs).

I haven't had much to do with any workshops beside getting a tune so can't give a great deal of advice. Just be wise and wary of who you are giving the keys to though.
Back to top Go down

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:33 pm

I find a few cartons and a working bee is alot cheaper than a mechanic for most jobs but for tuning and the like I've chosen Aitkenvale auto also as I've known a few people with hi-po cars that have been tuned there. The price they've quoted me is dear compared to down south but decent for Townsville.

That said I just replaced a motor among other things and I'd never done it before, it hindsight it was piss easy give things a go yourself with the aid of a mate who's done it.
Back to top Go down
bruce-ti
Subaru WRX
bruce-ti

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-03-12

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:12 pm

damn.........i am toooo late.

I was hoping to never..........ever............ever find a thread titled like this on Micro's.. It is the same old stuff.
Back to top Go down
rhys
Townsville Admin

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-04-01

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:17 pm

bruce-ti wrote:
damn.........i am toooo late.

I was hoping to never..........ever............ever find a thread titled like this on Micro's.. It is the same old stuff.

however on this sight its actually got input its not turning into the great debate if it turns into that it will be closed i was scared when i saw this thread open however we must sometimes go to the dark side
Back to top Go down
bruce-ti
Subaru WRX
bruce-ti

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Let us see how it pans out.

TMS has done well by me.
Except for the post i put in the spam section.
Back to top Go down
rhys
Townsville Admin

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-04-01

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:25 pm

for services and the non modified side i always go to mark calbianco hes always been on time with my work and never stuffed me round . He relocated my power steering bottle, replaced all belts including timing belt and removed some hard to reach bits for me for $500
Back to top Go down
bruce-ti
Subaru WRX
bruce-ti

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Company uses Bob Freeman for all services and mechanical. I have too for the smaller stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

good workshops Empty
PostSubject: Re: good workshops   good workshops Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

good workshops
Page 1 of 1