Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Small Car Owners Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Car Pics

Go down 
+7
WhiteGTi
rhys
Privatealpha
BobsN13
Blitzen
888ASS
Mr Focus
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Random Car Pics - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Car Pics   Random Car Pics - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:06 am

Random Car Pics - Page 9 Img1577m

i do however love s14's and s15's. These aren't overly hot, but they're cool pics
Random Car Pics - Page 9 Ph2008rd01no009blp4
Random Car Pics - Page 9 Ph2008rd01no032btx3
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net
teh_hotness
R34 GTR
teh_hotness

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Random Car Pics   Random Car Pics - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:21 am

El dorifto...
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: Random Car Pics   Random Car Pics - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:22 am

GRPABT1 wrote:
I'll tell you what it is! It's a dangerous incorrectly fitted tyre (well 90% of the time it is) Geez you lot are into some weird puppy.

Its actually a special method of tyre stretching called "Hippari Tyre"

Quote :
It literally means ‘pulled’ (or stretched) tires where a tire is mounted onto a wheel that is too wide for its usual fitment, for example: a 195/60/15 tire mounted on a 10 inch wide rim.

The most extreme examples can often be seen on older cars where a much wider but relatively small diameter rim with minus offset is used with a high profile tire and aggressive lowering. This necessitates the use of Hippari tires so the side wall of the tire misses the inside of the wheel arch and allows a lower ride height, often right down to the outer lip of the rim. There are a few reasons why drifters use Hippari tires on their cars, one of them being that the side wall gets stiffer as the tire is stretched which reduces flex. The performance aspect has been debated over time and again though and it seems Hippari tires - just like the modifications described above - have more to do with style than they do with any performance advantage… the thousands of Kei cars and vans in Japan running Hippari tires are testimony to that.

Random Car Pics - Page 9 Hippari_tire1
Random Car Pics - Page 9 Hippari_tire3
Random Car Pics - Page 9 Hippari_tire5
Back to top Go down
teh_hotness
R34 GTR
teh_hotness

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Random Car Pics   Random Car Pics - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:40 am

No offence to anyone who likes them but they just look uber ghey IMO.. There was a car at the Ingham show with these, blerk. Lol. I'm such a car nazi. I remember liking the car until I saw these on it then I was just majorly put off haha. I shook my head in disgust, muttered 'puss' and walked away lol. Pretty sure the car owner was standing right next to me cos he was staring at me with a look of 'WTF!?' on his face Razz
But I wasn't there to look at the tyres, I was more interested in drooling over the engines Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Car Pics   Random Car Pics - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:21 am

mmmm. Scrubbing issues anyone???
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm
JDM_GTi
INTEGRA TYPE R
JDM_GTi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Random Car Pics   Random Car Pics - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:52 am

Each to their own i guess, i wouldnt do it to my car but i can still appreciate people doing something different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Car Pics   Random Car Pics - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:07 am

I still think it's a saftey issue, I know it helps the people who value dish over a correctly fitted tyre but I can't begin to think it is better for drifting.

Without some sort of internal bead lock (which I don't think would fit with such a small profile and width tyre) I think those tyres would be in great danger of falling off the bead with lateral force applied to them. I've run 4wd tyres with high sidewalls on a rim that was too big for about a week before I got my new ones and had nothing but issues with bead leaks and the tyre falling off. And I'd think a higher side wall tyre would stretch over a rim easier than a low profile.

My 2 cents

that's all I have to say about that, back on topic.
Back to top Go down
Privatealpha
Mitsi EVO IX
Privatealpha

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Random Car Pics   Random Car Pics - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:11 pm

Not exactly keeping within the theme.
But mums car is finally on the truck headed to Townsville! Hopefully 5 working days.
Very much a family car, check out the pimp'n roof racks.
At a cost of roughly $7600 it has been imported from New Zealand.
Not a bad price at all.
Obligatory pics:
Random Car Pics - Page 9 DSC01877

If you guys have any interest at importing a car from Japan for example.
Kristian from http://www.ironchefimports.com/site/ is definitely the man to see.
Back to top Go down
rhys
Townsville Admin

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Car Pics   Random Car Pics - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:23 am

vere nice chris if she needs me to take it out one thursday night let me know Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: Random Car Pics   Random Car Pics - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:54 am

the new MM Friday night booze bus??
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Car Pics   Random Car Pics - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:05 am

Booze bus FTW
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm

PostSubject: Re: Random Car Pics   Random Car Pics - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:33 am

We need a official MM pissup!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Car Pics   Random Car Pics - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Car Pics
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9