Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Small Car Owners Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R colt introduction

Go down 
+2
Mr Focus
jax rcolt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jax rcolt
Captain Slow
jax rcolt

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-06-21

R colt introduction Empty
PostSubject: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Hello everyone,

my name is Jacqui and for those who know sir2J (silver aristo) I am his wife. I own a white ralliart colt 07 and love it!
The car has a few basic modifications - cat back exhaust, a FPV F6 front mount intercooler with custom piping, K & N filter with cold air fed (probably the most simple but effective mod!). Have previously owned a Nissan NXR with Forged SR20DET coupe that ran 13.4 @ 107mph on the t'ville track (loved that car as well), a suzuki swift (also a awesome car but needed more power) and a red MPS mazda 3. I also have a passion for rotors but am to impatient to own one... they can be temperamental! Bye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:53 pm

saw that run last night... nice whip... jealous much... welcome and enjoy your stay
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:00 pm

Welcome jacqui! I love this little car! Dont be shy about posting up pics

Looks like you've owned quite a few nice rides there too. Have to agree with the comment on the swift, they should've come standard with boost
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:14 pm

Welcome Jacqui. Saw this last night. Very deceptive car. Love it.
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:41 pm

Welcome, yeh was good to see how well the old Colt Ralli-art's go, suprisingly quick.

I was going to buy one mid last year but was dealing with a 18yr old knob who worked at Mitsubishi with a boy-racer attitude trying to sell me the car for all the wrong reasons.... I took my money elsewhere and sort of am kicking not getting one now.... hmmm perhaps time to trade in the Focus.

They are a nice looking car and definately have some balls to go with...
Back to top Go down
benjames
HOLDEN CAMIRA
benjames

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:53 pm

Saw the car at the strip last night!!! My dream car used to be a Suzuki Mighty Boy... until last night I love you I wanna see pics!!!

If they would only come out of the factory like that, I'd have one in a snap! Are they hard to mod to your spec?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:20 pm

They fricken hammer, nuff said.
Back to top Go down
jax rcolt
Captain Slow
jax rcolt

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:04 am

benjames wrote:
Saw the car at the strip last night!!! My dream car used to be a Suzuki Mighty Boy... until last night I love you I wanna see pics!!!

If they would only come out of the factory like that, I'd have one in a snap! Are they hard to mod to your spec?

There easy!!!

Alot of people don't know that they have the exact same power/weight as a Focus XR5 and is 20% stiffer chassis then a EVO 9 making it the most stiffest chassis wise Mitsubishi ever made, It also Has much bigger brakes as well.
So it's not like a Normal COLT with a turbo.
I only have a cat-back Exhaust, K&N Filter in the stock air box with a 3" Cold Air pipe behind the front bumper.
Turbo Smart gated Boost Tee running 14-15psi (From 11psi stock) and a FPV F6 Intercooler as they flow VERY well and are cheap and you dont have to go cutting your bumper like with the off the shelf kits you can buy and thats it.
My Husband has had a EVO III and a EVO VI, I've always like the Mitsubishi's.
Here are some pic's.

Stock VS F6 Intercooler

R colt introduction Dsc00011qjl.th

Bumper support back on.

R colt introduction Dsc00015gij.th

RECARO Interior
R colt introduction Dsc00394eoa.th

R colt introduction Dsc00404xfz.th

R colt introduction Dsc00317g.th

R colt introduction Dsc00391uvp.th

Last edited by jax rcolt on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:19 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : more pix)
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:51 am

Such a little beast. You coming on the cruise this Saturday? Love to get a closer look at this thing.

Have you had it Dyno'd? What does it have at the wheels?
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:28 am

I'm edging closer to going to Mitsubishi this week and trading in the swift hey

It would be good to see this on the cruise on Saturday for sure! Its gonna be a big outing
Back to top Go down
jax rcolt
Captain Slow
jax rcolt

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:05 pm

what time? Havn't dynoed it yet. I did love my little swift, they have the best body shape!
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:13 pm

Check the EVENTS section for all the details on it. From memory its meeting at the willows at 10am for a 1030 roll out
Back to top Go down
jax rcolt
Captain Slow
jax rcolt

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:17 pm

will try and make it but can't promise as saturdays tend to be very hectic! Will try though
Back to top Go down
JDM_GTi
INTEGRA TYPE R
JDM_GTi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:48 am

Swifts rock, only gti's though just ask shirezu hahaha. I also see your husband is the guy who bought kyles old celica???
Back to top Go down
jax rcolt
Captain Slow
jax rcolt

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:25 am

JDM_GTi wrote:
Swifts rock, only gti's though just ask shirezu hahaha. I also see your husband is the guy who bought kyles old celica???
that's him. They swapped - his celica for the evo 6 + cash his way. Still needed a bit of work to get a good time. Good car but not what he was looking for. There is something about running awesome times on a street rego car that is so much more exciting then a drag time. My opinion anyways.
Back to top Go down
JDM_GTi
INTEGRA TYPE R
JDM_GTi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:14 pm

Yeah so its got no rego now? It was never a street car in the first place but yeah. Back on topic, i think this is the first colt ive kinda like, after the 80's colts i had a sour taste in my mouth ahah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R colt introduction   R colt introduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R colt introduction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: GENERAL :: Introductions-
Jump to: