Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Small Car Owners Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Don is cruising again....

Go down 
+3
rhys
evo201
Red Dog
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Red Dog
Subaru WRX
Red Dog

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2009-03-10

The Don is cruising again.... Empty
PostSubject: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:46 pm

not too sure if many of you on here still trawl crapss, but i occasionally do for a bit of a laugh, but anyways i found this today during my fishing and i thought i would share it:

http://www.qldstreetscene.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17554&st=0&gopid=325229&#entry325229

ill be there. hopefully no more pile-ups :-P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:21 pm

Oh puppy, once before never again... The last one I got right in the action. Def not getting my car out... will shotgun though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:10 pm

OH DEAR LORD!
Back to top Go down
evo201
BMX

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:54 pm

who is the Don?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:11 pm

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight so is this something that should be avoided? And if so then why? Someone commented that you need something with alot of bars and steel around it....I have the perfect car! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rhys
Townsville Admin

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:23 pm

lol that was called an accident tim lol it was just idiots that caused it as per usual
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:45 pm

I still believe that the cruise had a large contribution to the accident. Just about everyone of his cruises have had an accident on em. Bob was driving for me.... it was a mess.

Last edited by TimmyEK1 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Subaru WRX
Red Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:01 am

that's because people have no idea how to cruise in big groups. you need to keep a distance between you and ALL cars around you.

evo201, the don is laborio, a fellow car enthusiast from townsville. apparently he organises a few of these every year, always gets a decent turnout.

but yes unfortunately because of a few di(kheads there was an accident at a previous cruise, but if you drive sensibly and safely there shouldn't be a problem
Back to top Go down
bod93
EB FALCON
bod93

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:53 am

yea he has a car shop and has numerous 12 sec vk commies along wit other things {s15 sivia} not a bad bloke and the crash that wrote of 1 car last time was because of frogger wits....... i would b keen 2 go if any1 else is........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:10 am

It was more than one car that ended up totalled, two peeps had to go to hospital. My car was in it.... I was lucky others werent. Doesnt really matter what you do, its the other puppy heads that you need to worry about you cant control their actions.
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Subaru WRX
Red Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:00 am

yes, you can stay away from them
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:39 am

I'm pretty sure from memory that there has been a hat-trick with accidents on the Don's Cruises. The last 3 each have had accidents.

His idea of cruising doesn't comply with a large group of people that attend, they all get cocky and chuck skids and be dicks (pretty much like usual), he does get up them, but kids being kids with thick heads and no common sense don't pay any attention.

I guess one day everyone will behave and it would be a great event, but until that happens there will always be carnage, it Townsville... don't have to say much else.

It's good seeing someone trying to keep the car scene alive while people live in fear, but there are always the few rotten ones in the bunch that ruin it for everyone.

Vigilante Action is required.
Back to top Go down
Privatealpha
Mitsi EVO IX
Privatealpha

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:12 am

just be the last to leave, thats what a majority of the crew did.
Back to top Go down
bod93
EB FALCON
bod93

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:14 pm

and thats were the carnage was, i only saw 1 car go to the wreckers tho..... i kno ther was 4 cars involved but only 1 from wat i kno went 2 a better place Razz i was there as well tim....
Back to top Go down
bod93
EB FALCON
bod93

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:15 pm

any way who is keen 4 this 1??????????? Very Happy could b good?????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 pm

By the sounds of it, not me.
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Subaru WRX
Red Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:14 am

white rhys and i will be there. my safety is my middle pedal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:17 am

Shotgun
Back to top Go down
teh_hotness
R34 GTR
teh_hotness

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:29 am

bod93 wrote:
12 sec vk commies

Wooooooooo! FTW!!! I wanna go Sad
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Subaru WRX
Red Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:46 am

sorry josh, already been called.
Back to top Go down
teh_hotness
R34 GTR
teh_hotness

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:52 am

Yeah Josh! You get to stay home with meeeeeeeeeeeee! Mwahaha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:09 am

Nope i get to go install turbo's
Back to top Go down
teh_hotness
R34 GTR
teh_hotness

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:44 am

And I get to watch dvd's and eat Chicken + Rice with my fingers! Razz
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Subaru WRX
Red Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:03 am

well i would have to say that last night was a success. there were about fortyish cars there, no accidents, not too many d!ckhead drivers either. good turn out and a good drive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:12 am

heard the call come over the scanner lastnight at about 10pm 40-70 cars leaving willow's heading towards the city doing burnouts as they were leaving.
20 or so mins later calls started comming thu stating 40 cars were hooning up and around benwell rd
so they put a crew there, one on the v8 track and one down on entertainment rd (breakwater)

do not know if anyone was fined, but i did hear from the scanner that ppl were pulled over, one person stated that everyone was going to deeragun to have some fun Neutral so they put another patrol out there too.. heh

and thats when i went to sleep..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Don is cruising again....   The Don is cruising again.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Don is cruising again....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next