Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Small Car Owners Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sprint car project.

Go down 
+4
bod93
rhys
Privatealpha
Winnie256
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Winnie256
Subaru WRX
Winnie256

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Sprint car project. Empty
PostSubject: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:33 am

Hey guys, was just looking at my old N13 pulsar, it needs a fair amount of work but i was thinking of just stripping it down and using it as a cheap hillsprint car.

Will be keeping it registered me thinks. Anyone interested in helping out? Be nice to make it a sort of "team effort" car to promote the Micros. Just a suggestion
Back to top Go down
Privatealpha
Mitsi EVO IX
Privatealpha

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:05 am

Strip it completely, get the engine running right and it will be great fun to just thrash around. No need for any engine mods, keep it cheap.
I could help you out....get tools and a drink and stuff lol
Back to top Go down
Winnie256
Subaru WRX
Winnie256

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:55 am

Engine is pretty fubard. It works, but needs a bit done. Rack ends are stuffed also.

But yeah i'll just be stripping it for now. Maybe you can join in and learn a bit hey Wink
Back to top Go down
Winnie256
Subaru WRX
Winnie256

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:56 am

or we could find a use for your old supercharger once you go tarbo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Winnie256
Subaru WRX
Winnie256

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:15 am

anyone know of VG30 maxima halfcuts going for cheap?
Back to top Go down
rhys
Townsville Admin

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:07 am

if you want a hand let me know im keen to help
Back to top Go down
bod93
EB FALCON
bod93

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:06 pm

hey i'm willing 2 help.............. just let me kno.....
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Maybe get a wrecked SR20de pulsar or a CA18de exa and transplant the engine for a little more kicks.
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm
rhys
Townsville Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:01 pm

i know this guy called bob hes got an n13 im pretty sure he'll donate his motor and gearbox for the project

lol love you bob Very Happy

seriously though im keen to get dirty again so let me know if i aint workin im there
Back to top Go down
Winnie256
Subaru WRX
Winnie256

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:51 am

Well if i can find a cheap VG30 FWD halfcut, i'll either use just the motor and hub+brakes, or if I can get the BMC out of the way easily the whole engine will go in. Its been done in the states. Only problem is the legalities of a remote BMC. But for now i might try and find a cheap 1.8 motor. Got to pick the car up and get motivated to strip it.
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Subaru WRX
Red Dog

Number of posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:57 am

i reckon a sr20det black top conversion...... Twisted Evil

doesnt have to be street legal, im sure that a trailer can be organised for events, and it would be a whoooooooole lotta fun......
Back to top Go down
Winnie256
Subaru WRX
Winnie256

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:10 am

Red Dog wrote:
i reckon a sr20det black top conversion...... Twisted Evil

doesnt have to be street legal, im sure that a trailer can be organised for events, and it would be a whoooooooole lotta fun......

But if i'm doing sr20, its nearly the same smount of work for the V6. Custom mounts, custom CVs or different hubs + stud pattern, custom ECU + wiring to dash, different gearbox (for sr20 only).

Or be boring like bob, CA18, one modified mount, splice wiring into DET ecu.

So it'll either be a roadworthy ca machine, or a trailer pony V6 N13.

This is aiming to be a long project, the car is far from pretty and i'm far from rich. It'll be filled with bargain special and second parts. but at least it'll have "charm" haha
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Subaru WRX
Red Dog

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:46 am

http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=32084&hilit=drag+project

this is a car from redlingti, similar sort of thing that you want to do i suppose, have a bit of a read through and see what sort of dramas you'd be looking at.

i also think that the g13b would be a good heart.......Smile
Back to top Go down
Winnie256
Subaru WRX
Winnie256

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:52 am

no no, keeping it nissan hahah. Or maybe not... If is a good fabber and has a spare engine to donate?

I think we should make this more of a community project, try and get everyone involved with some ideas/input. Be a good way of having something to represent the club and something people can say they helped build. But if people aren't keen on that idea its cool.
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Subaru WRX
Red Dog

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:45 am

really good idea in principle.

you will really need somewhere with a decent working area that will not get disturbed, some decent tools and patience. this will not happen in one or two months, rather about 6-12 months, depends on budgets and what not.

it will also require ongoing support and assistance from the members here. whilst there is plenty of interest now, imagine what it would be like after spending long nights seeming to get nowhere.......

this all being said, i am keen, and will be watching this closely.
Back to top Go down
bod93
EB FALCON
bod93

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:55 am

i think ur gonna get alot of intrest in this mm project car cheers and i promise me and rhys won't try and light ourselves on fire this time affraid
Back to top Go down
Winnie256
Subaru WRX
Winnie256

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:05 am

Yeah my goal is to wait and hold off on the "big" bits of the project until they are all ready to go in. In the meantime i want to be able to still take the car out to various events and whatnot. I'll prolly keep it registered unless we can sort out someone with a towcar and maybe trailer.

we'll see how we go with it anyways. hopefully we can keep the motivation up

and lol at lighting yourselves on fire!
Back to top Go down
Winnie256
Subaru WRX
Winnie256

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:58 am

Now i know mazdabater is a fabber of carbon/glass parts, and we have a few mechies/sparkies, is anyone handy with a spray gun?

I think the first order the car is to be stripped down and have the "race" seat put back in. Upgrading to a 1.8 would be nice too. And to cut out and fix up the small rust spot on the roof
Back to top Go down
rhys
Townsville Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:44 am

im an ex panel beater with knowledge of the paint side of things i am getting back into it and will be practicing the spray side of things too so im happy to help with that sort of thing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm awesome at drinking grog while passing spanners Very Happy

I have some tools too and I can lift heavy things haha
Back to top Go down
bod93
EB FALCON
bod93

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:57 pm

i'll b there 4 laughter Razz , and yes rhys did almost set us on fire the last time a motor was bein pulled from a car.............. our sex was almost on fire sunny
Back to top Go down
Winnie256
Subaru WRX
Winnie256

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:34 am

Okay well first things first, Who has tow capabilities? does anyone have a car trailer?

The main thing we need to work out is wether to keep it road legal or not. So if anyone can help out with car transport let me know, as that will make this whole thing so much simpler
Back to top Go down
Red Dog
Subaru WRX
Red Dog

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:15 am

registration is just another cost to incur but......
Back to top Go down
Winnie256
Subaru WRX
Winnie256

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:18 am

Yeah but there's no point avoiding the costs of registration if we are going to have to pay double that for transport a year. Trailer hire is around 70-90 dollars a day, and we want to take it to a few drags and other events.

I'd honestly rather spend money on registration for a trailer as I know a few cars i can borrow if needs be
Back to top Go down
Winnie256
Subaru WRX
Winnie256

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:32 am

BAD NEWS - Can't start the project for a few months

GOOD NEWS - I'm moving house and will have a proper garage to work in (sort of anyways)

BAD NEWS - We have to freight all our parts from sydney.

GOOD NEWS - Concord Customs is willing to sell us everything at cost price in return for us saying they are a good bunch. (which i think they are)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sprint car project.   Sprint car project. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sprint car project.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: GENERAL :: General Chat-
Jump to: