Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Small Car Owners Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mazdabater just joined

Go down 
+12
SPLexcel
bod93
Winnie256
bruce-ti
888ASS
JDM_GTi
819FLY
rhys
BobsN13
Mr Focus
benjames
Mazdabater
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Mazdabater just joined Empty
PostSubject: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:50 am

Hey guys alot of you probably know me off qss, just logged onto this site because you guys actually seem to get out and do things unlike that other site. If you see me out and about don't hesitate to come up and say hello. I haven't got any recent pics of my car at the moment but it's an 89 RX7 Turbo (89 is series 5) with quite an extensive list of mods, of the top of my head

Tein Coilovers with EDFC
Front and rear strut braces
Front sway bar
Wheels - some jap brand, they are bloody light
Trust oil cooler
PWR front mount intercooler
Drift handbrake
Rebuilt 13bt extend ported, dowelled with 2mm scr seals
TO4Z
Stainless manifold
PBR fuel pressure reg
Bosch indy blue 1700cc secondarys
Billet fuel rails
Braided fuel lines
Braided brake lines
Synchronic BOV
Full 3" exhaust
50mm external wastegate
Drift 4" Filter
Momo commando steering wheel
Momo race pedals
Walbro in tank fuel pump
Microtech LTX8 with hand controller
Recaro reclinable seats
White dash facia
Gizzmo IBC boost controller
Sard 2.5 bar boost gauge
RX8 illumniated red leather gear knob
16" Thermo fan running off ecu not thermo switch
Carbon fibre radiator air dam
Blitz FATT turbo timer

There is probably more that I'm missing but you get the idea. I just installed the new turbo kit etc and it turns out i have a faulty wastegate thats staying open and wont allow the car to run more than 6psi and isnt creating any boost till after 5k, however its still making 205rwkw on 6 psi so it should be alot of fun when its running the 20psi it should be.
Back to top Go down
benjames
HOLDEN CAMIRA
benjames

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:55 am

Whoa!!! You gotz a good memory!!!

Hope to see ya out n about sometime!!
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:56 am

Not so much that, i've just spent way to much time working on the car so i remember what most the parts on it are. I dont think there is anything left on it that i havent touched now. i even did most of the prep work for the respray lol
Back to top Go down
Mr Focus
El Presidente
Mr Focus

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:58 am

Is this the red series 5 with black rims??

oh yeah, welcome to the forum Smile. Dont be shy to step up and say HI if you see any of us out. We're fairly friendly and dont often bite Razz
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:00 pm

Yeah its red with a gold pearl through it, i used to have to drive past your work on the way home from work lol. I figured my car suited the site given that its only a 1.3L haha
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Welcome mate. Keen to see this beast out. We try and get together at least once every couple of weeks for a cruise or BBQ somewhere. And of course most of us are out on Thursdays and weekends.
Back to top Go down
https://micromachines.forumotion.net/index.htm
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:03 pm

Yeah well hopefully it will be back in the shop this week, i brought the turbo kit from down south so im hoping they just send me a replacement wastegate and i can send them back the dud. I'm normally out quite a bit just not recently as ive been sticking this turbo on for about the last month, it also had a busted diff mount for a while before then
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Weve been lacking a rotory on the site. Hope you get the wastegate sorted. Boost problems plague my exsistance as well.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:09 pm

Yeah, should be alot of fun when it is should pull a bit over the 300rwkw mark so i should be into the 11's =D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:31 pm

I saw you saturday!
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Yeah I've been out and about quite a bit this weekend i only got the car back friday arvo, almost chewed a full tank of fuel, the new injectors really suck the juice. Thinking about going for a bit of a drive soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:40 pm

8pm I'll be there, breakwater I guess. I figure you'd know my car Ek Civic Yellow with black rims.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:43 pm

Hey found a few pics i had uploaded to my myspace page so here they are:

My car just after the respray (note the wing and rear wiper did go back on)

Mazdabater just joined L_91e3848f35301d3987c9ce47945ca0fa

My car and an rx5

Mazdabater just joined L_a1e2f8371293001c7e1dc1d8c0b6aba5

This is my engine bay half way through the turbo install, it was taken on my phone so its pretty poor quality

Mazdabater just joined N1283427228_30422171_673722

My recent failed dyno run on 6psi, note how late its coming on boost

Mazdabater just joined L_5d63b53a465e4d5aa15b65af3b6e418c
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:44 pm

Yeah i'll see if the gf want's to go for a bit of a spin. Hopefully i got some premix laying around or i gotta get some boat 2 stroke oil from BP again lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:45 pm

Bahahah or you could get two rocks and smash em together.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Lol do many of the guys off this site go out on a sunday night?
Back to top Go down
BobsN13
Founding Member
BobsN13

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Usually an afternoon cruise on Sundays. Thursday nights are a go'er and sometimes Saturday nights.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Yeah well seems i'm going for a spin right now so ill keep an eye out for ya tim
Back to top Go down
rhys
Townsville Admin

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:24 pm

hey mate welcome to the site
Back to top Go down
819FLY
Mitsi EVO IX

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:12 am

Hi Chris. Enjoy, gotta tee up a ride in that beast... I remember when you shifted hard next to me when I had the GT-R and it fueled up like a mofo and sent a nice crack and flame out the zorst.... I was creaming in my panties... I mean I jizzed in my pants! Yeah that sounds better.
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:05 am

Yeah well it used to shoot flames more often, but now when it does do it wholy puppy, I upped it going past a mates place in a quiet street lol then all i saw was the street light up in both my side mirrors lol they are bloody massive now, and thats with a brand new cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:52 am

Is this Marco's old RX7 by any chance?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:21 am

YAY! Fellow Mazda owner!
Back to top Go down
Mazdabater
Mitsi EVO IX
Mazdabater

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:32 am

Nah its not marco's old rx7 i dont even know who that is lol, I've had this thing for around 3 years now brought it from down in brisbane, I'm the second owner since it's been in AUS and the first guy only had it for 6 months
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:25 am

Looking good Chris, been a while since i saw it out though..... last time i saw it was before i moved away last year.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mazdabater just joined   Mazdabater just joined Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mazdabater just joined
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next